This is the blueprint I use for my Breakfast Scrambles almost every day. These ingredients will give you a good balance of macronutrients (protein, carbs, and fats), micronutrients (vitamins and minerals), and provide you with energy and satiety…and it will make those taste buds dance.
Starting the day with a good balanced breakfast is critical to keep your blood sugar in check and prevent the highs and lows that a breakfast high in processed foods will do, as addition to adding inches to your waist line (cereal, breads, pop tarts, donuts, hot cereal, muffins,etc.)
Would you rather:
1. Eat a processed breakfast…and be hungry within 30 minutes, feel tired, sluggish and moody.
2. Eat The Breakfast Scramble…and feel full for 2-3 hours, energetic, alert, and happy.
BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE BLUEPRINT
1. Veggies (high fiber, rich in nutrients)
- Any kind you want.
- My favorites are yellow squash, zucchini, red peppers, onions.
2. Meat (high in protein)
- turkey sausage, ham, chicken/apple sausage.
- My favorites are all of the above. I will sometimes get the Jenni-o hot turkey sausage for an extra kick!
3. Eggs (high in protein)
- 2 whole eggs and 1-2 egg whites
- CRITICAL NOTE: use the whole egg in addition to the egg whites. The yolk contains more than 90% of the eggs vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. It contains all the healthy fat, which we need to keep our hormones balanced and our brain healthy. The extra egg whites are because they are a very good quality protein source and provide some extra substance, makes you feel like you are eating a lot, which for some reason us Americans like quantity! 🙂
4. Healthy Cooking Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Avocado Oil, Macadamia Nut Oil, Coconut Oil
- Don’t be afraid of these healthy fats. Again, our bodies need healthy fats to balance our hormones and keep our brains healthy and functioning properly.
1. Heat healthy oil in a pan.
2. Add in your cut up veggies and meat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes
3. In a separate bowl, mix WHOLE eggs with egg whites add add a splash of milk. Whisk together.
4. Add egg mixture to pan with veggies and meat.
5. Cook till desired done-ness.
6. Top with salsa and avocado, if desired.
7. Feel satisfied, happy and excited that you started your day off right!!
<a href="http://www.icompetefitness.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/finishedbreakfast viagra pharmacie sans ordonnance.jpg”>